[omr-dev] Callback based IL generation

Hi,

I initially thought the callback based approach to IL code generation
was just an API artifact. But it seems to be quite deep - i.e. the
compiler invokes it at its base level to get IL generated by the
front-end. I wish this was not the case - and there was a way to
present fully formed IL to the compiler - but my guess is that this is
not possible without major refactoring.

A callback based approach is not only hard to model as an API - but
also unnecessary complexity in a JIT. After all the client is using
the API to generate code in the first place!

Regards
Dibyendu

Back to the top