Re: [om2m-dev] rename to a container instance

I have just verified, you are right. Thanks very much.

De : om2m-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:om2m-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Mahdi Ben Alaya
Envoyé : lundi 11 août 2014 12:11
À : om2m-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: [om2m-dev] rename to a container instance

Hello Feifei & hua,

1) Hua, what you said is only true when sending a plain text contentInstance representation.

2) It is possible to set a specific contentInstance ID. You should send a contentInstance representation instead of plain text.

Example:
POST 127.0.0.1:8080/om2m/nscl/applications/MY_SENSOR/containers/DATA/contentInstances
<om2m:contentInstance xmlns:om2m="http://uri.etsi.org/m2m" xmlns:xmime="http://www.w3.org/2005/05/xmlmime" om2m:id="SPECIFIC_ID">
    <om2m:content xmime:contentType="application/xml">PG9iaj4KICA8aW50IG5hbWU9ImRhdGEiIHZhbD0iMjciLz4KICA8aW50IG5hbWU9InVuaXQiIHZhbD0iY2Vsc3VzIi8+Cjwvb2JqPgoK</om2m:content>
</om2m:contentInstance>

PS: here, the content should be base-64 encoded.

3) We are using "SecureRandom" library to generate UUID composed of 9 numbers for contentInstance within the same container.
More details here: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/security/SecureRandom.html
Did you noticed the creation of two contentInstances with the same ID ?

Mahdi