Re: [nosql-dev] Time to Move API and RI to Java 11

Otavio,

What exactly does that mean?

Only the Jenkins build Job, I guess that is fine to use only Java 11 or even higher, but the Minimum

API source Level for Jakarta EE 9.1 is not 11:

The APIs will continue to be compiled at the Java SE 8 level. The APIs need to be usable by both Java SE 8 and Java SE 11. Thus, keeping the same Java SE 8 source/target level for the APIs will still be required.

see

https://eclipse-ee4j.github.io/jakartaee-platform/jakartaee9/JakartaEE9.1ReleasePlan

We may have more freedom in the CI (there’s no RI anymore ;-) if abandoning Java 8 there was beneficial, I guess the project could do that, but for the API it must align with Jakarta EE so unless Jakarta EE 10 or 11 (or whenever Jakarta NoSQL was ready to join a profile there) changed that, we must Keep the API compatible with the minimal JDK mandated by Jakarta EE.

Werner