Re: [nebula-dev] Re: nebula-dev Digest, Vol 9, Issue 17

I think source *should* be included. I find the source to be the greatest documentation ever, if I've ever needed to debug, what's going on under the hood of a widget, then having source for debugging is priceless..

You should probably however consider packaging those the same way the rest of eclipse does it - with both help and source as separate plug-ins/packages. This way I could just stick those into my target platform and be done with them, having the benefit of javadoc and source automatically available to my ide.

Distribution could then be organized in both, plain old zip files and as an update site.
For me, as a developer and nebula widget user, this would be the ideal distribution model and it would closely resemble the way other projects within eclipse do this.

Christopher J Gross kirjutas mulle  midagi seesugust:

I don't have a problem with this.  I don't think we should worry about including a src.zip but I'm board with snippets and javadoc.  Most people don't care about the source.  Re javadoc, ideally I'd like to include a help plugin that added the javadoc to the main Eclipse help.

--
  Roland Tepp
begin:vcard

Back to the top