Re: [nebula-dev] Support for Eclipse Data Binding

I'm not sure that having one big plugin would be worth the trouble.  We'd have to make sure we got the plugin manifest correct.  I'm not sure I want to deal with any issues around that.  If someone wants all the widgets, just use all the relevant jars.

Also, with the new pieces being brought in (Zest, viewers, presentation stuff) - it really doesn't make sense to include one plugin that includes all those components.

-Chris

Roland Tepp <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: nebula-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/21/2006 03:17 AM

Please respond to
Nebula Dev <nebula-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Nebula Dev <nebula-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [nebula-dev] Support for Eclipse Data Binding

I'm not a committer either, but here are my 2 cents:
First - the separation of plug-in per widget is good for Nebula because
I find that I often want to include just one or the other widget and
don't want to clutter my classpath with others unless I so choose to.

Maybe You could have a build scipt that would generate 2 variants of
plug-in(s) - one "jumbo" plug-in that contains the whole soup and one
that builds separate plug-ins per widget.

So that those who just want the "nebula widgets", would pick the whole
thing, but those who want to pick and select, can do that as well...

Tom Schindl kirjutas mulle  midagi seesugust:

--
 Roland Tepp