Re: [nebula-dev] Date submissions - Eric and Jeremy

> function of such a widget would be **selection** of **dates**, the most
> sensible thing would be to copy the API of the list (with few
> modifications of course):
>
>     * Constructor style bits:
>
>       SWT.*SINGLE*, SWT.*MULTI *// Either single or multiple dates selection support
>
>     * Methods for setting and getting the selected dates (included three
>       flavors for all three ):
>
>       public Date[] *getSelection*(); // Returns the array of selected dates
>       public void *setSelection*(Date[] selection); // Sets selection of dates

Do you have thoughts on how to implement the textual and graphical
selection of multiple dates?
I've had trouble with the monthly calendar component of the graphical
selector because it is very easy for users to loose track of selected
dates when they are not visible.
As for a textual selector and the graphical time component selector, I'm
completely at a loss.
I have been able to visualize selectors for the of selection of _two_
dates if they are linked together, representing a timespan, but that's
not quite the same.

> This way it would make it possible to introduce various national
> calendar widget implementations (e.g. Jewish, Buddhist, Julian, etc) and
> still be able to operate them via th same api.

Is there anyone reading this who uses these calendars?  I'm interested
in supporting this, but would need to have someone who can confirm
whether or not it is being done right.

Back to the top