Re: [mylyn-integrators] using mylyn programmatically

"Jira mylyn connector" is currently known as "Atlassian Connector for Eclipse". It does not expose official API but you might of course try to reuse/intercept its calls.

When creating an issue JIRA expects "project", "issue type", "priority" and "summary" AFAIR. For details you can check the provided link: https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/connector-eclipse/src/1635643f83857d49e3a4e32ff2db3a323e63d996/com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.jira.core/src/com/atlassian/connector/eclipse/internal/jira/core/service/rest/JiraRestClientAdapter.java?at=rest#cl-490

Cheers,
Jacek