[mylyn-integrators] Mylyn API usage from a headless application

Hello,

we, the Jubula team, are currently working on a better integration with various ALM tools using the Mylyn API.

We aim for a connector and repository neutral solution to report test results (via auto-generated comments) to arbitrary tasks for any task repository that is supported by Mylyn. This is so far looking pretty good using the Mylyn Tasks / Core API from within a standalone RCP UI application.Therefore we're using the "TasksUiUtil" and "TasksUi" API to access the global repository manager.

Since we would also like to report those information from our commandline tools (e.g. our headless tool for test execution "testexec") during a nightly CI run we are currently searching for a solution to gain access to e.g. all configured repositories for a given workspace from within a headless context (an RCP application without an active workbench; the platform itself is running).

I've already found some information [1] discussing this topic but as we would like to implement a connector independent solution this is currently too specific for our needs.

So my questions are:
- Are there already any Mylyn services / platform mechanism present (which I've missed so far) to achieve this? - If not, are there any plans to move the code to retrieve the repository manager so that it would also be usable from a non-UI context?

Thanks in advance for any comments and with best regards,
MarkusT

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn/Integrator_Reference#Headless_and_standalone_use

--
BREDEX GmbH
Mauernstr. 33

Tel.: +49-531-24330-0
Fax:  +49-531-24330-99
http: www.bredex.de

Geschäftsführer: Achim Lörke, Ulrich Obst, Andreas Vogel
Amtsgericht Braunschweig HRB 2450

Back to the top