Von: mylyn-integrators-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mylyn-integrators-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Steffen Pingel
Gesendet: Freitag, 10. August 2012 15:48
An: Mylyn Integrators list
Betreff: Re: [mylyn-integrators] Listen for changes when task data is updated

Hi,

the answer depends on how you are intending to integrate with Mylyn.

If you are developing a standalone application that uses Mylyn as a library to access Bugzilla or other repositories you would need to run queries to obtain the tasks you are interested in.

If you want to monitor activity within the IDE you would need to deploy your application as a bundle into the IDE and register with the running Mylyn instance through the classes Shawn mentioned on stack overflow.

Steffen

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Andre Meyer <andre.meyer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi at all
>

> I am a student at the University of Zurich and working for my bachelor
> thesis where (as a first step) I measure different metrics from a
> developers work in Eclipse (IDE-stuff (clicks, time in which view,
> etc.), Subversion-Stuff (commits, loC added/removed, etc.), Work
> Item-Stuff (new/solved/edited work item of a developer, etc.) and
> more). For the work item data I want to access the data saved by the
> Mylyn plugin because I have the advantage of being able to use
> multiple bug- and work-item-trackers (bugzilla, etc.).
>

> Unfortunately I have only very few experience with own plugins or
> accessing data from plugins (with Java & Eclipse) - the things I want
> to do now ;) (Of course, I do have some programming experience (Apps, Webprojects, etc.)).
>

> On Stackoverflow Shwan Minto gave me a hint of how to start
> (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11774054/how-to-get-change-events-through-mylyn-programatically).
> He described me some APIs which should help me to do exactly what I
> want. So I searched the required jars, included them in my
> test-project and started with one of the (very few) samples of the API-usage I found (e.g.
> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/org.eclipse.mylyn.incubator/org.eclipse.mylyn.examples.bugzilla/src/org/eclipse/mylyn/internal/examples/bugzilla/Main.java?root=Mylyn_Project&view=markup).
> Unfortunately, I was not able to receive any information from Mylyn.
> (Usually I miss information to be able to run the code or I get
> errors, I was unable to solve with web searches.) I also found the
> Integrator Reference
> (http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylyn/Integrator_Reference)
> which gave me some insight into the topic but I am still trying to
> access the data without success.
>

> Is there a (step-by-step) tutorial or an example project available
> anywhere where I see the usage of the API or can you (please) give me some hints?
>

> Any help would be very much appreciated. I can imagine that my
> questions might be dump or that there may be basic things I don't know
> or didn't try, but at this point, I am stuck and found no other way to
> solve this problem on my own. Thanks again!
>

> André Meyer

Steffen Pingel
Principal Software Engineer, Eclipse Mylyn Mylyn Tasks Lead http://tasktop.com _______________________________________________