Re: [mylyn-integrators] how to get ITask object from task ID?

Why don't you make /Project/View/FolderA/FoderB/TASKID the task id? If
you don't want to show that in the UI you can set a key on the ITask
objects.

wow, good idea, i love it, though i could get a really one taskID

thanks

  Thanks & Best Regards!

               ///
              (. .)
  --------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------
  |         Nick Tan          |
  -----------------------------

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Steffen Pingel <steffen.pingel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> actually, i problem is the getTaskData signature only pass a String of Task
> ID, and TaskRepository object.
> as this method supposed, i need retrieve the full task details from server
> for web/http access system like JIRA, bugzilla, Trac, etc. it won't be a pb
> since they all have a uniform query interface by TaskID
> e.g. JIRA: http://hostname:port/TASKID
>
> but for StarTeam, tasks/CRs are stored under the folder, so the pseudo-url:
> hostname:port/Project/View/FolderA/FoderB/TASKID

Why don't you make /Project/View/FolderA/FoderB/TASKID the task id? If
you don't want to show that in the UI you can set a key on the ITask
objects.

>> If that is not feasible you could consider overriding
>> AbstractRepositoryConnector.canSynchronizeTask() and return false. If
>> you ensure that performQuery() always returns non partial task data
>> you should still be able to leverage almost all functionality of the
>> framework. One limitation is that looking up repository tasks by id
>> will not work unless a task is already in the task list.
>
> Oh? could it be a case that I handle a Task ID, which passed as a argument
> by mylyn framework, but the corresponding task not in the task list?

Yes, tasks do not necessarily have to be in the task list. You can
open tasks directly from the repository.

> One more thing, i'm considering use TasksUiPlugin.getTaskList() to retrieve
> the task list, and query task by id/key with the methods provided by
> TaskList.
> but one pb is TasksUiPlugin.getTaskList() depends on the Mylyn Task UI
> plugin, but my code (RespositoryConnector) actually lay in a Core plugin...

I would not recommend that as it limits reuse of your connector in
other contexts, e.g. in a headless application.

Steffen

--
Steffen Pingel
Committer, http://eclipse.org/mylyn