Re: [mylyn-dev] Do we really need the .classpath/.project/.settings files in git?

My point is that those files are generated by maven when a project is imported

On 2023-02-04 23:34, Frank Becker (Eclipse) wrote:
Yes
* .classpath contains the project's source and target references for Java compilation and compressed file or project dependencies.
* .project files contains the project name, build specifications and dependencies.
* .settings ensure that the same settings are used in all projects such as formatting settings,…

Frank