If there is a commercial interest regarding reviving Mylyn for particular Eclipse-based product, one can contact available Eclipse experts (including me) for commercial support.

Regards,
AF

2/2/2023 10:28 AM, George Lindholm пишет:
To add some fuel to the fire:

The incoming GitHub Connector used Java 11.

The *.launch files uses Java 1.6 (and JVM options that have been removed in later JVMs)

George

On 2023-01-05 13:57, Gunnar Wagenknecht wrote:
On Jan 5, 2023, at 20:46, rsbecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

There is a fundamental licensing difference between Java 11 and Java 17. Java 11 is more restrictive. Java 8 and Java 17 are closer in their intent. There are limitations on Java 11 that may not allow mylyn to be used broadly. Please consult the Oracle Java licensing statements prior to making a final decision on this.

Randall, the Oracle Java licensing statement are not relevant to such a decision. The project can also not take this into account. The decision being made here is about language compatibility. If 11 is selected it will also run on 17.

Users (customers) of Eclipse are free to select the Java runtime of their choice.

-Gunnar