[mylyn-dev] time to remove Mylyn from SimRel?

Hi,

Following up on https://www.eclipse.org/lists/mylyn-dev/msg02470.html, wherein Mylyn was removed from most EPP packages, I think it's time to remove Mylyn from the SimRel. It has become clear that the project doesn't have sufficient resources to be responsive when compatibility issues arise (see the recent JAXB version issue for example). I have a review up but the build fails because Jubula depends on Mylyn.

I think the Jubula->Mylyn dependency needs to be broken somehow, or part of Jubula removed from the SimRel as well. I would appreciate it if someone from Jubula could comment. I also suspect there are other projects with Mylyn dependencies that will need to take action.

I assume some EPP packages will need to be updated as well.

Cheers,
Sam

Sam Davis | Senior Software Engineer & Team Lead Tasktop

Back to the top