Re: [mylyn-dev] [cross-project-issues-dev] Mylyn participation in 2020-12

On Sun., Dec. 13, 2020, 13:14 Matthias Sohn, <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 5:27 AM Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 at 21:10, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 2:55 AM Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* The way I get the error message you have is to start with 2020-09 committers, add download.eclipse.org/staging/2020-12 as an available software site, check for updates and install all updates. On restart I get the error you report. However in this case, you get a mismash of upgrades and critically you are still running 2020-09 EPP and product. For example you get the new PDE, but the old JDT and platform. If you try the same steps, but disable all sites except the added staging repo, the upgrade will fail with no remedy available error message.

yep, I tried the same steps

Matthias, I used the steps with the URLs for RC2 and everything looks fine. See https://www.eclipse.org/lists/epp-dev/msg06118.html for the p2 urls.

Upgrading a 2020-09 package from the 2020-12 staging repository still yields broken mylyn task view.
Upgrading it from 2020-12 staging repository and epp repository yields a working mylyn task view.
Don't know what will be in the release repository compared to these two tests.

The release repo is a composite repo of the two.

Thanks,
Jonah

-Matthias

Are you satisfied this is sufficiently resolved for 2020-12?

Thanks,
Jonah