[mylyn-dev] Mylyn code base usage for IntelliJ
I am contemplating using Mylyn source code and port over into an Intellij plugin.
I'd appreciate any feedback on the below questions:
- would licensing for Mylyn allow me to do this.
- how does the general development community for Mylyn feel about this.
- does the Mylyn architecture have enough of abstraction points of its object model to allow this to take place. e.g. using maybe a MVC or a way to modify the view seamlessly ? Or would the GUI and model be too intertwined to make this difficult.
- What portions of Eclipse platform does Mylyn heavily depend on for its functionality ?
- Is there anything in SWT that mylyn relies upon that might not be present in Swing (IntelliJ) ?
- How well is the code documented
I have a very rudimentary knowledge of the Eclipse plugin architecture, so forgive me for the basic questions.
Any other suggestions appreciated as to how to go about doing this.