[mylyn-dev] Mylyn code base usage for IntelliJ

Hi folks,

I am contemplating using Mylyn source code and port over into an Intellij plugin.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the below questions:

- would licensing for Mylyn allow me to do this.
- how does the general development community for Mylyn feel about this.
- does the Mylyn architecture have enough of abstraction points of its object model  to allow this to take place.  e.g. using maybe a MVC  or a way to modify the view seamlessly ?  Or would the GUI and model be too intertwined to make this difficult.
- What portions of Eclipse platform does Mylyn heavily depend on for its functionality ?
- Is there anything in SWT  that mylyn relies upon that might not be present in Swing (IntelliJ) ?
- How well is the code documented

I have a very rudimentary knowledge of the Eclipse plugin architecture, so forgive me for the basic questions.

Any other suggestions appreciated as to how to go about doing this.

K.

Back to the top