RE: [mylar-dev] integrating weird issue-tracking providers

That's great.  I hope that it doesn't take too long for people to move to
Bugzilla 2.20.  Shawn and I just chatted about this, and we really like the
idea of having the Task List subscribe to an RSS feed in order to update
reports.  Our current update mechanism has to periodically refresh every
non-completed report periodically to check for changes, and we found it too
slow to refresh completed reports if you have hundreds so we don't do that
automatically.  I'm pretty sure that if we got this going we could get
people to turn off their Bugzilla email notifications simply by exposing all
reports with incoming content and highlighting the new stuff.

>    Anyway, if you are planning to add other providers to Mylar then
> maybe you can move at least minimally needed infrastructure from
> bugzilla plugin? At least new repository wizard and extension points for
> predefined queries...

We will definitely consider that.  Note that there is an unfortunate cost of
not re-implementing though: a 6 week wait on eclipse.org to get the
migrating code approved.  I've complained to the EMO that this is way too
painful for Technology projects and thwarts the spirit of open source, so
maybe they'll make some progress on this issue at the next board meeting.
In the meantime I'll try to get Jeff involved and put in a request for us to
accept code from his forked Team Bugs plug-in.

Mik

--
http://kerstens.org/mik

Back to the top