|Re: [mpc-dev] remediation testing in mpc|
I’m surprised that so many solutions fail without remediation - especially when you install on top of the Standard package.
Perhaps I’m misunderstanding the purpose of remediation, but I thought that it was good for resolving conflicting dependencies by allowing to upgrade what I have installed. So when you install Maven for WTP on Kepler Standard, I cannot quite see what conflicts would be resolved ?
Similar for Github for Mylyn, or especially P4Eclipse ? These should be “plain add-ons” so I can’t quite see why they would have to upgrade my base ?
Does anybody have an explanation for this ?
Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River
direct +43.662.457915.85 fax +43.662.457915.6
I did some testing of the remediation support we have in MPC. I was using RC2 Standard package in Windows 7 64-bit.
I installed the following Marketplace listings via the MPC, first with remediation disabled and second with remediation enabled.
1. Sonar – failed witout remedation; passes with remediation
2. Maven for WTP – failed without remediation; passes with remediation
3. STS for Eclipse Juno (4.2 and 3.8) - failed without remediation; passes with remediation
4. Github for Mylyn – did not test without remediation but pretty sure it would fail; passes with remediation
5. Chronon – passes with and without remediation
6. P4Eclipse – failed without remediation; passes with remediation NOTE: not sure but it seems this plugin also downloaded CDT?
7. Oracle ADF Tools for Helios – did not test without remediation; fails with remediation
8. Oracle ADF Tools for Kepler - did not test without remediation; fails with remediation
9. Oracle Enterprise Pack for Kepler - did not test without remediation; fails with remediation
The last two seem odd considering the name of the listing but I suspect it is something wrong with their update site. Pascal would you mind looking at these last two.
Carsten and anyone else, have you had a chance to test. I am fine with have remediation enabled for RC3 but I would like to see what other people have done for testing.
Back to the top