[mosquitto-dev] TLS with 8266 sensor problem.

Hi, just trying to see if this rings a bell to someone.
I'm seeing random connection errors from a sensor using certs.
(random like 10% of the time it fails)

I have a GAS meter sensor reporting to a mosquitto server via wifi.
In order to save battery, the mote sleeps and resets with a reed switch that triggers with the meter counter '0' passing by. This works, but I have identified times when the mote starts and does not manage to get the messages sent.

A successful cycle logs 2 lines in mosquitto.log:
1666030079: New connection from 172.30.0.86:54975 on port 995.
1666030081: New client connected from 172.30.0.86:54975 as gas_sensor (p2, c1, k15).

but unsucessful one just have the first line.
I noticed that the startup does get some time (2 seconds!) so I was afraid a watchdog could be at fault here, so inserted a ESP.wdtFeed() just before client.connect(mqtt_client), no joy.

Help, advise or experience is more tham welcome :)

--
Carlos G Mendioroz  <tron@xxxxxxx>

Back to the top