Re: [mosquitto-dev] Reading bridge errors over MQTT ?

Hello Rebecca,

Probably you already discovered it, but you can get the state of the bridge (1 or 0) on a special topic (see "notification_topic"). This is not exactly what you want, but at least helps to detect when a connection fails.

For the why, you could ask Mosquitto to emit the logs over MQTT, setting "log_dest". Of course, you will still need to filter the messages by payload. You can also set the "log_type" to reduce the number of messages. Not sure if this is viable in your product though.

Regards,
Abilio M