[mosquitto-dev] [DynamicSecurity] Clarification on Encrypted password generation

Hello all,

I wish to be informed about what is the encryption and decryption logic for the Dynamic Security Plugin for Mosquitto.

I was curious as to whether I could be able to generate the encrypted password using some shell scripts or CLI tools where I would not have create an ephemeral Docker Container to generate the dedicated `dynamic-security.json` file via a container and I could simply do it via some command line utilities like htpasswd or base64 etc.

Aim: In many cases, a lot of provisioning of containers (standalone deployment with docker compose or air gap installations) requires the user to generate the credentials via some bash provisioning scripts.

Can I find some documentation on how to encrypted password is created?

Regards,

Shan

Back to the top