[mosquitto-dev] Recommendation on OS for mosquitto server

Planning to put mosquitto server into a network with around 200 Windows clients sending a 1kb or so message to all others every 2 seconds on one common topic, the OS to host the server is a VM so we have flexibility in choosing the OS. It seems most of the mosquitto benchmarks are done on Linux machines, is there any performance advantage of using a Linux machine over Windows (2016 Server) for the traffic I am expecting? If there is which OS would be a good choice - Ubuntu, Centos or something else? The clients are connected over a virtual LAN spread across a city using a mix of fiber broadband to wireless modem.

Thanks,
Arun

Back to the top