Re: [mosquitto-dev] Requesting for mosquitto version which supports payload in HEX format

Hi Surendra,

If you're happy compiling the code yourself, then get the develop
branch of mosquitto from the repository, compile and install the
library and client and you will be able to use the "-F" option to
format the output of mosquitto_sub.

This would print the payload only, as hex bytes with a new line at the
end of the payload:

mosquitto_sub -F "%x"

Or with no newline:

mosquitto_sub -F "%x" -N

Or with ISO-8601 formatted date and time, topic, then plain text payload:

mosquitto_sub -F "%I %t %p"
#  2016-08-10T09:47:38+0100 my/topic hello

There are lots of other format options which are described in the man
page in the develop branch.

Regards,

Roger