Re: [mosquitto-dev] Is it possible to force the broker to disconnect?

Yes, but there's a trade-off because I don't necessarily want to send traffic more frequently just to try to account for this one particular situation, and it's still nowhere near as responsive as being able to detect that the link is down and take immediate action.  Also, from reading the mosquitto.conf man page, my understanding is that the idle_timeout is applicable only for "start_type lazy".  I'm using "start_type automatic", so if I'm able to find a way to force the broker to disconnect, the expectation would be that the broker would immediately try to reestablish a new connection with the next remote broker in the list.

On a related not, I see some activity with respect to item #535[1] and I'm wondering if this would provide the functionality I'm seeking?  My use case seems different, but if there's a writable $SYS topic I can use to control the bridge and temporarily cause it to be disconnected, then I suppose I can use that, for example $SYS/broker/bridge/del.  But of course I don't want to permanently delete the bridge, just force the current connection to go down and let the broker attempt to bring it up again using the next remote broker in the address list.

Thanks.
- Chris
[1]: https://github.com/eclipse/mosquitto/pull/535

--

vvvvv Apologies for the following disclaimer; I have no control over this. vvvvv

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is the property of International Game Technology PLC and/or its subsidiaries and may contain proprietary, confidential or trade secret information.  This message is intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized reading, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.

Back to the top