[mosquitto-dev] mosquitto_passwd error - Unable to create openssl digest

​I downloaded mosquitto 1.4.12 and built it on Windows Visual Studio 2015.

The cmake utility does not add libcrypto.lib as an input library.  On building I get a few unresolved errors.  On adding libcrypto.lib, it builds without any errors.

On running mosquitto_passwd and providing the passwords, it gives an error "Unable to create openssl digest".  On checking the code, it appears that the library is unable to provide sha512 digest.

However, on replacing the mosquitto_passwd.exe from the windows binary that I download from https://mosquitto.org/download/, it works without erroring.  No other files changed.

The byte size of both the exe (binary from mosquitto.org as well as the one I built) is exactly the same.

What is wrong ?

Thanks

Debendra Modi, Director
Modi Consultants Ltd.
34/132 Laxmi Industrial Estate, Laxmi Vijay1st Floor
Andheri West, Mumbai 400 053
Tel  : +91-22-40167705, +1-408-800-6250
Fax : +91-22-26327705
Web : www.mcl.in

Confidential Information: This message and any attachments contain information from Modi Consultants Ltd, which may be confidential and/or privileged, and is intended for use only by the addressee(s) named on this transmission. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are notified that any review, copying, distribution or use of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please (i) notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephone and (ii) destroy all copies of this message.

Back to the top