Re: [mosquitto-dev] Disconnect message delayed

Hi Rajeev,

The broker either disconnects the client due to the client missing its
keepalive timer (it will disconnect at keepalive*1.5), or if the OS
informs the broker that the client has disconnected.

The only thing that it is possible to control is the keepalive value
that the client sends, or the 1.5 multiplier at the broker. If you
change the latter, you're no longer meeting the spec.

In other words, the broker already detects disconnections as quickly as it can.

Cheers,

Roger