Re: [mosquitto-dev] Establishing Secured MQTT Connection using TLS - Paho C Client

It doesn't support TLS-PSK? I didn't realize that. I'll have to put it on the to-do list.

Ian

On 05/31/2016 11:22 AM, Roger Light wrote:
Hi Anas,

It's worth noting that the Paho C client doesn't support TLS-PSK.

To use Paho C without client certificates, you just need to tell it
the CA certificate that it should trust, as used to sign the server
certificates.

Cheers,

Roger

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 11:00 AM, Mikkel Kirkgaard Nielsen
<miki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Anas.

On 2016-05-30 10:10, Anas A wrote:
I would like to use TLS in my mqtt connection without client certificate
based authentication, Am very new to TLS/SSL please suggest.
You would want to take a look at TLS pre-shared key (PSK) using
Mosquitto's psk_file and psk_hint configuration parameters
(http://mosquitto.org/man/mosquitto-conf-5.html).

PSK overview at; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TLS-PSK

PSK specification (originally by Nokia) at;
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4279

Good luck,
--
Mikkel