Re: [mosquitto-dev] Possible Bug in in ping handling

Hi Roger,

The line

system("mosquitto_pub -t /test -m Off");

is simulating what is happening to my client.  A completely separate
client is sending a publish, which my client accepts, but then causes my
client to re-connect some time later.

I cannot control when this other client publishes , so my client
re-connects randomly throughout the day.  My client does not normally
publish messages.

The example code publishes (from a completely separate client, as you
say) about 3 seconds before the receiving client is due to generate a
ping, which seems to reproduce the symptoms every time.

I hope that makes the situation clearer.

Regards

Graham