[mosquitto-dev] Active mosquitto service prevents reboot on Raspberry Pi

Hi,

I am running Mosquitto 1.4.7 on a Raspberry Pi with Wheezy. If I explicitly reboot the machine (sudo reboot), then the machines shuts down most services but not mosquitto, and the Pi doesn't reboot either. If I issue a second reboot command then that time the machine does reboot properly.

If I explicitly stop the mosquitto service first (sudo service mosquitto stop) then the reboot command will work properly.

So, to get a reboot to happen with mosquitto running I either need to issue two reboots in succession, or stop mosquitto and then reboot.

What is it about mosquitto that is preventing the reboot, and how can I fix it so that a plain reboot does as expected?

thanks

dan.

Back to the top