[mosquitto-dev] adding timestamp to messages

I am needing to add the mosquitto broker timestamp to all messages sent between clients. My current solution is to run a simple python script locally on the mosquitto broker server. The script runs as a daemon and uses paho to receive messages from the clients, append a timestamp to the messages, and publish them back out on a new channel the clients are subscribed to. This works well but seems like a lot of overhead for the problem I am trying to solve. I am wondering if there is a better/more efficient way to do this.

Thanks!

-John

Back to the top