Re: [mosquitto-dev] log_dest file has zero output

Hi Chris,

log_dest file doesn't flush the output, so if you do not have much to
log then it may just be a case of waiting for the output buffer to
fill up before it is written to disk.

You may wish to consider upgrading to mosquitto 1.4.2, which adds the
log_facility option, for use with log_dest syslog, to allow you to
specify which of the syslog local0-7 facilities you wish to log to.
This means you could do something like:

local0.* -/var/log/mosquitto/mosquitto.log

in your syslog config.

Cheers,

Roger