Re: [mosquitto-dev] Can SUB without authentication with allow_anonymous=false

On 20/03/2015 11:57, Stefano Costa wrote:
With allow_anonymous=false and authentication enabled (either with
password or psk) I still can connect with a "mosquitto_sub" without
specifying user/password (or identity). Of course "mosquitto_pub" quit
with error in the same situation.

Is this intended?

...sorry tested again: this is true for PSK (can connect with SUB without authentication, and of course I'm not receiving messages) but NOT true for password authentication: when enabled in mosquitto.conf, SUB without authentication will fail.

Back to the top