Re: [mosquitto-dev] MQTT Broker - Mosquitto Event Logging

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 12:39:37PM +0530, Yasith Lokuge wrote:

> I have a suggestion for Mosquitto, regarding logging the events in a
> database. I am hoping to apply for google summer of code 2015 and would
> like to make a proposal on that. Please let me know your opinion.

The broker should be kept as minimal as possible.  Such a function easily
can be written as a client subscribing to all topics.  And if it would be
implemented in the broker, you will get the question of supporting many
databases.  This just not belongs in te broker.  This is far beyond the
UNIX (KISS) way of designing software.

Just my $0.02...

--
--    Jos Vos <jos@xxxxxx>