Re: [mosquitto-dev] Using cmake on linux for 1.4

On 02/21/2015 10:57 PM, Karl Palsson wrote:

Have you read the compiling notes?

http://git.eclipse.org/c/mosquitto/org.eclipse.mosquitto.git/tree/compiling.txt#n13

Thanks, I have read them now.

The cmake files are only for windows and mac...

Maybe your interpretation is what is intended but I don't believe those compiling notes actually say that, rather that cmake is necessary for those particular platforms and that the provided Makefile is encouraged for others.

Whatever they mean, I don't understand why cmake should not be available to those who prefer it. I believe my suggestions make it possible.

chris

Christoph Willing <chris.willing@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've noticed two problems compiling the new 1.4 on linux using cmake.
Both problems are seen on Slackware64 and Ubuntu 14.04.

1. src/CMakeLists.txt incorrectly (I believe) uses the
"exported_symbols_list" linker option. Linking fails with that option in
place. I think this should use "dynamic-list" option instead as shown in

the attached patch. Linking completes with this patch.

2. CMakeLists.txt contains the directive cmake_policy(SET CMP0042 NEW)
immediately following cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8). However,
using cmake-2.8.12 I see the error:
      CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:12 (cmake_policy):
          Policy "CMP0042" is not known to this version of CMake.

The documentation at
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/policy/CMP0042.html indicates that
it was introduced in cmake-3.0 i.e. not applicable to previous versions.

It can be fixed locally (cmake-2.8.12) by commenting that line out or
making it conditional, as per second attached patch.

chris