Re: [mosquitto-dev] Advice needed (long, sorry)

Hi Stefano, thanks.

This is a very complex data. We are designing API messages that are about 200 bytes size (average). The application is intentionally idle most of the time. It proposes some challenges to users tha have to be done offline (not using the app) and after finishing they have to return to the app to continue. It is a kind of game/competition for teams. Each one of the members playing in a similar way.

So we are trying to maintain the needed messages under 50 per hour. But it is very difficul to know at this stage.

At leas we have these numbers as reference :-(

Regards.

El 11/02/2015 22:47, "Stefano Costa" <stefano.costa@xxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Il giorno 11/feb/2015, alle ore 22:15, Manuel Domínguez Dorado <manolodd@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
>

> Could you give us some advice on how to improve these numbers at least to be able to reach our 100K users? We don't know, but maybe 20K concurrent connections are enough to support 100K users that are not connected at the same time.

Hi Manuel, it seems to me that you studied all details very well, good architecture as a starting point. But in order for people here to give useful advices I suspect that an important detail is missing: apart from "connected" and "existing" users, what's the messages rate you expect to have per user / per second (or minute, hour) under normal conditions and maximum?

Back to the top