Re: [mosquitto-dev] Mosquitto 1.4 and 1.5

Great news :)

An update on my proof-of-concept interface project:
  • The Cassandra server is working. Each subprocess has a fully asynchronous bi-directional connection to both the brokers and the Cassandra nodes. The server runs multiple subprocesses. My benchmarks show sustained performance up to 50K upserts/second per server or so, depending on hardware, message size, etc. (driving from a testbed, not brokers). The servers can be scaled horizontally and each can support many brokers.
  • The next big task is the enterprise bridging server for RabbitMQ which is much easier to code but requires some thinking about design. It will have similar performance.
  • Then there is configuration, auth and ACLs...
It's been happily running in AWS EC2 for several days.

My project is based on 1.4 and I will continue to rebase as necessary.

In a few weeks, after the bridging server is done,  I'll put it out on github as an experimental branch of 1.4.

Cheers,
Michael