Re: [mosquitto-dev] Win XP issues and questions.

And yes, it should work fine on your NAS. Even more easily if you are using openwrt.

Cheers,

Roger

On Nov 26, 2014 10:49 AM, "Neil Wrightson" <neilw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Roger ,
Thanks for replying.

1. How do I compile the code on the xp machine?

2. Will mosquitto work on my Synology NAS DS412+ ?

Regards,
Neil Wrightson.
(Sent from my mobile device)

-------- Original message --------
From: Roger Light
Date:26/11/2014 10:44 AM (GMT+10:00)
To: General development discussions for the mosquitto project
Subject: Re: [mosquitto-dev] Win XP issues and questions.

Hi Neil,

> I have download and installed mosquitto-1.3.5-install-cygwin.exe (I’m using
> windows XP:SP3) and ran into some errors:
>
> 1.       Msvcr100.dll was missing. I downloaded a version from the net and
> moved onto problem 2.
>
> 2.       getTickCount64 could not be found in the kernel32.dll error. I
> found a reference to this error here
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mosquitto/+bug/1277604
> How do I get around this?

This should be "just" a case of recompiling on Windows XP. I don't
have access to a Windows XP machine so can't do this.

> A few questions:
>
> 1.       With the standard config file as shipped, will I need to alter
> anything or it should just work? Ie no user/password protection.

It should just work, assuming you don't want authentication.

> 2.       Does the password file need to be called anything specific?

No, it just needs to be referred to correctly in the config file.

> 3.       Could a user and password be like zzz:xxx ie no hash version of
> xxx?

No, you must use mosquitto_passwd to create the password hashes. (or
you could always modify the source to assume unhashed passwords)

Regards,

Roger