From:        arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        mojarra developer discussions <mojarra-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        02/24/2020 09:32
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [mojarra-dev] [faces-dev] Splitting the API into faces-api?
Sent by:        mojarra-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

It's not a super clean API, but clean enough to compile against. It can't be actually on the class path.

What happens in the build process is that the full Mojarra jar is generated, which is then extracted and the API classes are repackaged. Those classes would not compile on their own, and when put on the class path lead to linking errors.

It's a quite unfortunate process, but the one we inherited.

Kind regards,
Arjan