Re: [mojarra-dev] Release 2.3.13 staged - First Jakarta certified release

Great work...congratulations!

Josh Juneau

On Aug 19, 2019, at 9:56 AM, arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

After some intense merging sessions and runs of the TCK, we're now finally at a point where we are about to release Mojarra 2.3.13.

This release is special, in that it will be the first release that will be certified against Jakarta EE 8.

There have been a small number of changes. The API module has been split off from

Note that the module still only extracts the API from a Mojarra jar. Of course nobody is happy with this setup, and we hope to eventually move/refactor the actual API code to live at https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/faces-api.

Mojarra 2.3.13 has also been updated with all PRs that had been merged into the master branch before. These PRs are almost all community provided, so a big thanks for that! Specifically worth mentioning here are:

* Piotrek Żygieło
* Tomas Hofman
* Chao Wang
* tmiyargi
* Peter Schulz

The other PRs concern project level work, which now better aligns 2.3 with the master branch.

This release is pending approval of the new (Jakarta certified) Jakarta Server Faces API artefact. This should be around the end of this month, or early next month.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms