Re: [modisco-dev] On the immediate future of the MoDisco project

On 3 Oct 2019, at 06:26, Fabien Giquel <fgiquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear MoDisco users,

You may have noticed that the Modisco project has been less and less active over the past few years because of limited resources  from our side (e.g. no enhancement commits since two years). For this reason, we already exited from the release train in 2019-03 to save the SimRel effort. Now we think of proposing to terminate and archive the project, unless an interested party expresses interest in investing on the project (i.e providing development/release engineering resources, planning for new features , etc.).
If this is the case, please let us know quickly in the coming weeks.

Best regards,

Fabien GIQUEL (co-lead)
Hugo BRUNELIERE (co-lead)

Dear Fabien and Hugo,

First of all, thank you very much for the effort you did these last years to develop and maintain MoDisco. You and the other developers did a great job.

While I don’t intend take the leader on this project, I will maintain a fork of MoDisco on GitHub, mainly for academic purposes.
The fork is available on the following repository:

So far, it is possible to use Maven to build MoDisco and create an update site.
However, the result is not completely functional for now.

An important contribution of MoDisco is its different Ecore models: Java, KDM, etc.
I am extracting these models and making them available as both, Maven Artifacts and Eclipse plugins.
This work is available here:

Thank you again for your efforts.

Best regards,

Gerson Sunyé