Re: [modeling-pmc] (MoDisco) Request approval for MoDisco project termination
  • From: Fabien Giquel <fgiquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 05:27:15 +0000
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=mia-software.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=mia-software.com; dkim=pass header.d=mia-software.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=0H3WEuj8ftXvzjMXGXYrWrrJPnDlIanTABmFyoSSpUo=; b=LXewXJ8W3oAvNcIdrCWs93O0bHChdJ9KI5ajv+maCY7rR1Ejpn02GKQ/r2t6c3QdmK77eV5/OhZl5KO6yPzg9W/5x217KsrxY/RfoQ5mN6t1e/cy4uX3MecGFvE6yLLevKuA86/Bed/V9lDVkvwSHpY6ljl/wW1OZRfYTBJ/Rc/RbQ/ddhLTfly6CDVKO5jGxHoxcG2DDBqoL0VmvBJ52Q3M3UeVKUiUZFF2UIQBOHymmypLCdQSW6JBmkrYTRVO8fDFKNEYMqOTTNzde6KGzmfaWgOS7spGlgQu+JZkouYHbBOJeskhhyY2fjYNW7B1+2CEEz+9gY2R94iYWxVa1Q==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=eXzDloJLnwSpR+O422JnZTG5MccGjJLKazxJBy3NaIcCGx6grVcRepDAnOV2Mdqv6AZRigSplC0cZLHpKge79jTe8/yS6Qs7Hv/RKyExFLGQwNkXiG4xtOCw+udpX+BIUKwYGWhG7QEXC/dWjNNYjpRRcwk4cvSb98x7oZyGiepT/IEKJSzbthcepaVLl9YCgfgcEBeLi657fpRPefwU9FHcJdz/CShMOwaA/7j3Z5ZyLdDqOXrNTf+c4/Y+ciVyJGULT1OoLm9tryndSpHS8WNTY2+wXI5WEGwfRj0Wuq4LfoZuWzrpPXKSZwKLzMiHy0JT5ozP4bdtZNqwmx/8Tg==

Dear PMC,

we recently had discussion with Ed Willink.

Ed Willink proposes the following solution to avoid termination/archivage of MoDisco project that I summarize here : (Ed, I let you complete if needed)

  • shrink project activity to just a release engineering, and if possible fixing the most offensive/trivial bugs. (roadmap 'maintenance under life support'). Ed will carry the release engineering and minimal development work, since there is no other available resource.
  • fold the required plugins from EMFFacet project into MoDisco (so that EMFFacet will go on in termination process). I will achieve this contribution when possible for me.
  • Ed will become officially project leader (I and Hugo Bruneliere will withdraw).

Do the PMC members have any comments to this solution ?

Best regards,

Fabien GIQUEL (co-lead)