Re: [modeling-pmc] Jean Bezivin has stepped down from his Eclipse responsibilities

Hi Ed.

Every once in a while, the Technology project does a project purge. We
start by putting together a list of candidates and then try to determine
how active the projects are. We basically take on the termination
process ourselves because the project members tend to be under-motivated
to effect the reviews themselves. Where possible, we get a +1 from the
project lead before we finalize the list.

Here's our list of terminations that we're targeting for December 2011:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Technology/Subproject_Termination_Review_2011

Termination reviews don't require a huge amount of documentation; they
just need to provide some discussion of why the project is terminating
(in Technology, it tends to be lack of involvement), along with a list
of the things that need to happen to complete the termination/archival
process. We lump the lot of them into a single review document (i.e the
wiki page)

We did something similar with DSDP:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/DSDP/Restructuring_Review

Let me know if you want any help getting started in assembling something
similar for Modeling (there may be other candidate projects outside of GMT).

HTH,

Wayne