Re: [microprofile-wg] [microprofile] MicroProfile 6.0 Status and last-minute discussions

On Nov 18, 2022, at 5:49 AM, 'Emily Jiang' via MicroProfile <microprofile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

However, there was a last-minute conversation regarding lowering the criteria of compatible implementations for certifying MicroProfile 6.0.
  • Making MicroProfile Metrics 5.0 TCK optional: proposal is here
  • Making Jakarta EE 10 Core Profile TCK optional is here

The above conversations are last minute. Please share your opinions directly on the corresponding PRs. I suggest if the PRs can't be resolved before 22nd November, the PRs should be closed and use the ballot to vote for the release. The plan is to keep the current release date for MicroProfile 6.0.

Thanks, Emily and thanks for reach out to me Monday for a conversation and thanks everyone who participated in the discussion on the Tuesday call.

The background here is it became clear two of the five vendors in the Working Group would not be able to implement MicroProfile 6 as defined and the question was raised, "do we really want that or do we want to make adjustments?"

PR # 292 would allow Red Hat to implement MicroProfile 6.0
PR # 293 would allow Tomitribe to implement MicroProfile 6.0

These were filed by request as it did seem there was some willingness to make adjustments.  I don't think anyone is interested in forcing the matter, however.

-David

Back to the top