Re: [microprofile-wg] I find these multiple shared google drives very confusing

+1

On 21 Oct 2021, at 13:45, Kevin Sutter <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
Having multiple shared drives for MicroProfile is confusing at best and even error-prone, if we accidentally lose critical comments or data.

I understand the need and desire to include the wider community when collaborating on documents.  But, we don't need separate shared drives to accomplish this.  As part of my efforts to lead the Jakarta EE 9 and 9.1 releases, we had several documents where we shared data and solicited comments and input from the wider community.  These documents were on the official shared drive for either the Jakarta EE Steering or Specification Committee.  But, after the initial creation, I just modified the sharing attributes to open it to the public.  This worked great to get the necessary input from the wider community.  When it was time to finalize the document, then I would turn back the sharing permissions.

This approach served me well during the Jakarta EE efforts.  I know other members of Jakarta EE have used this "permission dialing" in a similar vein.  I don't understand why this approach wouldn't also work for the MicroProfile shared drive.

Kevin Sutter
STSM, Jakarta EE and MicroProfile architect @ IBM
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn:

Part-time schedule: Tue, Wed, Thu (off on Mon and Fri)