[mdt-uml2tools.dev] Uni-Project / Exceptions in TestSuite from 20 Jan 2009

Hi everybody,

I'm a german student of computer science and business administration. In one of our projects at Uni we've been using and applying a new framework to the UML2Tools Class-Editor.
In addition to our own tests, we'd like to use the existing Test-Suite (org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.clazz.tests)- which is, where we have run into a few problems.

Our code-base was checked out on 20 Jan 2009 (08:00 GMT) , so using a newer version of the Test-Suite isn't really an option, unless those errors were corrected and the Test-Suite ist still compatible with our code-base..

The main problem we are facing seems to be the creation of Class_2001-Nodes and the retrieval of its EditPart, as all those Test-Cases fail.

createNodeByTool(UMLElementTypes.Class_2001, 10, 10);
mySource1EP = diagram.getChildBySemanticHint(UMLVisualIDRegistry.getType(Class2EditPart.VISUAL_ID));
assertNotNull("ClassEditPart was not created.", mySource1EP); <-- fails here

(this one's taken from the setUp()-function inĀ org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.clazz.tests.action.ChangeDependencyTypeTest.java, line 42)

Of course, these problems could also be the result of a wrong configuration of our workspace. However, since all the other Test-Cases work properly, this probably isn't the problem.

So, do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Christian

Back to the top