Re: [mdt-uml2.dev] UML 2.5 progress

Hi Kenn

Eventually I did get URI mappings to work. Temporarily, and in order to allow me to use the UML 2.5 models as transformation sources, the org.eclipse.ocl.examples.uml25 plugin installs the relevant registrations to allow the UML 2.5 namespaces to be just used. (This is only on the edw/417663 branch at present; won't be in M2, might be in M3 examples, may be only in M3 tests).

In doing this I discovered ExtendedMetadata and so XMI252UMLResourceFactoryImpl has an initialize method that provides all the missing standalone registrations. UMLResourcesUtil.init would therefore be much better structured as just calls to XMI***2UMLResourceFactoryImpl.init for each known version. This would make it clear exactly how to add another version. Dangerous but there could also be a catch all for all unknown namespaces.

(It really is naff that there is no implementation of the MOF package(s) and so it all happens dynamically after an Internet timeout or worse, prohibiting installation of the MOF package under yet another namespace.)

    Regards

        Ed Willink