Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] About deactivation of viewpoinst inside Papyrus

Hi Maged,

1.      Wouldn't showing representations that are not in the active viewpoint grayed (points 1-3) still clutter the UI? How about hiding them?

This point has been indeed discussed internally. Feedbacks that we have, show that Model designers like to know that diagrams done in other view points exist. They have the already the possibility by do that by using welcome page. so we want in this case make homogeneous this fucntionality without decrease the perception of the model that he can has today.

2.      If the representations that are not in the current viewpoint are grayed (or hidden), how would the user express "want to open" them such that Papyrus proposes to switch the viewpoint (point 5)? If they belong to multiple viewpoints, will Papyrus propose all relevant ones to switch to?

This case is raised if diagram are not hidden. “want to open” is for example I double click on this diagram in the model explorer or shortcut. To avoid mistake we need to inform the model designer that if he want to see it, he must activate relevant viewpoint. And yes Papyrus shall to propose relevant viewpoints.

Best Regards,

Patrick

1. Wouldn't showing representations that are not in the active viewpoint grayed (points 1-3) still clutter the UI? How about hiding them?

2. If the representations that are not in the current viewpoint are grayed (or hidden), how would the user express "want to open" them such that Papyrus proposes to switch the viewpoint (point 5)? If they belong to multiple viewpoints, will Papyrus propose all relevant ones to switch to?

Maged