Some history :
- GMF and GMF-Tooling decided to drop out of the train for Oxygen.
- Pierre-Charles David stood up to maintain GMF  , to ease the maintenance mode, GMF-Notation and GMF-Runtime were merged in the same project .
- We asked to also include GMF-Tooling (runtime-subset) but since Papyrus was the only project using/asking it, at the end it wasn’t included .
- So our decision at the time was to include/fork the
runtime-subset of gmf-Tooling in Papyrus
- As far as I know, there is no ongoing work on the subject
- My best guess would be to remove GMF/GMF-T/GEF3 by GEF4 (or 5)
- There was an experiment on the subject (maybe Camille can tell more on the conclusion)
=> In any case this will require a *lot* of api break, work and coordination.
De : mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mdt-papyrus.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
De la part de Ernesto Posse
Envoyé : lundi 18 décembre 2017 18:37
À : Papyrus Project list <mdt-papyrus.dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Objet : Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] GMF Tooling gone from Oxygen
Great! Thanks Camille and Florian.
I found out that it is required, at least, by oep.infra.gmfdiag.common, so it seems like the core of Papyrus is pretty tightly dependent on this GMF Tooling feature, but looking at the lack of activity in their project site it seems like
that feature is pretty much dead. Out of curiosity, are there any plans to replace this dependency? Or is the plan to just keep a form in the Papyrus git repo?
Papyrus pulls GMF-Tooling release from their latest released update site , and includes (a subset of?) it in the release train
I noticed that GMF Tooling disappeared from the Oxygen repos, and this is confirmed
here. Doesn't Papyrus require this feature? If so where does the Oxygen (and Photon) builds get it from? The update site at  seems to contain only an older version (3.2.1).
Senior Software Engineer
General Manager: Remi Schnekenburger
Registered Office: 7 rue de la Croix Martre, 91120 Palaiseau, France
Commercial Register 824 977 516 R.C.S. EVRY
mdt-papyrus.dev mailing list
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit