[mdt-papyrus.dev] Photon Work Description - Papyrus SDK

Hi,

I was reading the wiki page about Papyrus SDK, https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus/Photon_Work_Description/Architecture_refactoring/Papyrus_SDK.

This page triggers some questions for me:
 deletion of the releng/dev folder, no need to specific target platform, since it includes already the main target platform

The developer plugins do not have the same platform as the one used for building Papyrus infra and UML, so I do not understand there why it should be deleted. The developer plugins may rely on components that are not required for Papyrus at runtime, as for example the UPR testing profile. The CBI integrator is also another example for not being required for infra & UML, so why should it be in the main target platform?
As far as I understand, the plan is to push the developer tools to the release train? Or was I mistaken?

We propose to restore naming convention for the Papyrus feature. It will be important also to hihglight the fact that we could also install Papyrus (core/infra) without Papyrus UML, that wy it could be pertinent to distinguish:

I propose here to advertise a 4th feature in this refactoring, with the toolsmith feature, to distinguish users from the DSML toolsmiths.
Also, the infra and core features are already installable on their own, on which criteria is this proposal highlighting the infra/core?

Verification

Check when installing Papyrus that we have the 3 main features.

So it is expected that the SDK will always be installed by default? I would find this solution not very usable, as these tools are not dedicated to be used and documented by everyone installing Papyrus. This would only confuse the end users of Papyrus as a UML modeling tool. I suppose also that the UML feature will be the one to be referenced as the main entry point in the release train or the toolsmith one if this feature is advertised ?

Cheers,
Rémi
--
Remi Schnekenburger

Senior Software Architect / General Manager
EclipseSource France

Email: rschnekenburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://eclipsesource.com/paris
Phone: +33
1 85 41 08 65
Hangouts: rschnekenburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EclipseSource France SAS
7 rue de la Croix Martre
91120 Palaiseau

General Manager: Remi Schnekenburger
Registered Office: 7 rue de la Croix Martre, 91120 Palaiseau, France
Commercial Register 824 977 516  R.C.S. EVRY

Back to the top