[mdt-papyrus.dev] Papyrus: performance improvment.

Deal all,

Performance is a working area we are working on regular basis to improve Papyrus. In this context, as announced earlier by Florian on the Papyrus dev email list, we are starting a collaboration with IncQuery. This work will consist of the three following tasks:

·         Task 1. Setting up a continuous scalability evaluation testbed for Papyrus. This testbed will be based on RcpTT tests and Hudson jobs

·         Task 2. Identifying and sharing existing models (UML, notation, css, profile) related to performance bottlenecks in Papyrus. The Papyrus community is expected to share some models, but many performance issues are only present in big proprietary models (Obfuscation will probably be required)

·         Task 3. Integrate a Papyrus specific indexing module based on the VIATRA base-indexer and query engine to improve model navigation and derived feature usage. Based on the 2 previous tasks, there will be an evaluation before and after the model integration to check performance improvements.

You can see all the details here: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus/Oxygen_Work_Description/Refactoring/PerformancesImprovements.

We would appreciate a lot to receive your feedback, comments, suggestions, use cases and also to get some examples of model illustrating performance issues.

Thanks,

Best,

Sébastien.

cid:image001.png@01D1C880.5C951BE0

Sébastien Gérard

Head of the LISE labs

CEA Research Director

Papyrus project Leader (www.eclipse.org/papyrus)

cid:image002.jpg@01D1C880.5C951BE0

Commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives

Institut List | CEA Saclay Nano-INNOV | Bât. 862- PC174

F-91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex

M. +33 6 88 20 00 47

T. +33 1 69 08 58 24

sebastien.gerard@xxxxxx  www-list.cea.fr