[mdt-papyrus.dev] Separate resource sets for each editor => high memory consumption

Dear all,

I'd like to discuss an issue that leads to quite a lot of memory consumption in Papyrus.

Each Papyrus editor has its own resource set that is not only used for the edited model itself, but also for all referenced ones. Thus, if you apply SysML and import MARTE, each editor will load its own copy of MARTE and SysML. Evidently, this implies quite a large consumption of memory. For instance, In my case, I have a quite large number of small test models that apply all MARTE and import additional model libraries.

A possible solution is to keep read-only models in a resource set that is shared among Papyrus editors to avoid their duplication in memory. Has someone already done this? Is there a good reason why this would not work?

Best regards

Ansgar

--
Ansgar Radermacher                CEA/DRT/DILS/LISE
http://www-list.cea.fr/index.htm

Back to the top